Tuesday, October 14, 2008

The Town Shuts Down for High School Football

What you see in the movies is TRUE! The whole town shuts down for High School football in El Dorado Arkansas- a SUPER-Duper small town. I remember the first Friday night we were in El Dorado. There was NOTHING on the radio on ANY station except the El Dorado football game. It was so strange. Now, we LOVE it! It has been really fun to go to the Wildcat games. This weekend was Homecoming. School was let out early for a "big" parade and game! My mom came out to visit and we all went to the parade and then the game! Fun times!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Jana said...

Yeah! It's good to hear from you. With all those soccer games no wonder it's been a while. Sure looks like your having fun! Love your fun background! Jana

Mimi said...

So reminds me of the little midwest town I grew up in - we had parades for everything and the whole town was there. But since it was Indiana - we were more about basketball than football. Ah, the good old days.

Bonnie said...

How fun! It so reminds me of the town I grew up in too! I think I miss that small town feeling! Your family looks great! Good luck in soccer, Tyler! You're looking good!

Jenni said...

What a darling family!!! It looks like fun. That would be kind of fun to go hang out as a family, at least one night a week right?