Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tyler Wins Writing Contest!

This week is Education week at school and the students were asked to write an essay about the college they wanted to attend. Tyler's paper won! Here is what he wrote about BYU.

I want to go to Brigham Young University because there is a scholarship football team and a tremendous bookstore. I love and appreciate my favorite college Brigham Young University.

First, I want to go to Brigham Young University when I grow up because there is a scholarship. First, there is the El Dorado Promise that will give me free college money! I will be on the academic team and can compete with other schools. Also, I could be on the Brigham Young soccer team and that is what I really want to do.

Second, I want to go to Brigham Young University when I grow up because of the incredible football team. They always have some uniforms that are my favorite color navy blue and sparkling white. They play like dynamite in football and work well. They have a very big nice and fancy arena where they play on soft turf and have the field green as a brand new green sparkling jacket fresh out of the store. They always keep the field painted with a big Y on the center!

Third, I want to go to Brigham Young University when I grow up because of the bookstore. I have been inside the bookstore before and they have clothes in all sizes, hats, balls, and whatever you can think of. Every time I go to the bookstore, I choose something I will keep forever and always have. Also, college students go and buy books for classes or even calendars sometimes.

I want to go to Brigham Young University when I grow up because of the scholarship, football team, and the incredible BYU bookstore. BYU is the best college you can ever ask for!

WAY to go Tyler. He will be reading this to the whole fourth grade tomorrow! YEAH BYU! He also had a few teachers ask him where BYU was located...good little missionary. :) and you are RIGHT...BYU is the BEST college anyone could ever ask for!!!

2 comments:

The cool family! said...

That's AWESOME Tyler!!!!! Way to go!

Jana said...

O.K. That is so awesome. I loved that essay. You're doing a great job with that kid!